The need to strategically drive gender parity in the global energy sector is critical and pressing.
The EGYPS 2017 Women In Energy Conference will facilitate and propel the discussion to create an action plan for driving more opportunities for female engineers and professionals in the Egyptian and North African energy sector.
Eng Amira El Mazni, Vice Chairman, Gas Regulatory Affairs, EGAS
Ms Amira El-Mazni is Vice Chairman for Gas Regulatory Affairs in the Egyptian Natural Gas Holding Company, EGAS. Her responsibilities include planning and follow-up the development of the legal & regulatory framework, as well as the activities documentation needed for establishing the Gas Regulatory Authority in Egypt.
WOMEN IN ENERGY CONFERENCE SPEAKERS
Corporate Vice President for Safety Security Health & Environment
Dr. Ghada Bassioni
Associate Professor and Head of the Chemistry Department
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING, AIN SHAMS UNIVERSITY
General Manager Technical Office, RO Leader, Modernisation Programme
Ministry of Petroleum & Minerals
CEO Deputy Assistant Operations and Quality Control
EGYPTIAN GENERAL PETROLEUM CORPORATION (EGPC)
Head of Conferences and Exhibitions Department Technical Office
Ministry of Petroleum & Mineral Resources, Arab Republic of Egypt
KEY DISCUSSIONS INCLUDE
- Identifying quantitative methods to balance gender disparity within the oil and gas industry
- Dissecting strategy and execution on a macro level to bridge the gap between policies for gender equality and its implementation within Egypt and North Africa
- Connecting emotional intelligence and effective leadership strategies through success stories of females within oil and gas C-Suite roles
- Analysing female engineer drop-outs and how companies and governments can help increase female retention and opportunity within the industry
- Quantifying future opportunities for female STEM graduates within the Egyptian and North African energy sector
- Gain insight into Egypt's initiatives to bridge the gap between gender equality policies and its implementation during our all female Ministerial Panel.
- Hear how Egypt's 2021 modernisation programme has been created to ensure the oil and gas sector will become a sustainable development engine for Egypt.
- Meet regional and international speakers working towards generating opportunities for women within the oil and gas industry.
- Network with your peers and, on the side lines of the Conference, visit the EGYPS exhibition and meet with over 400 international companies.