This category recognises the best project within the oil, gas and wider energy industry globally that has had a substantial positive impact on people’s health and has been completed in 2020-2022.
This category recognises the best safety project within the oil, gas and wider energy industry globally that has been completed in 2020-2022.
This category recognises the best environmental project within the oil, gas and wider energy industry globally that has had a substantial environmental impact and has been completed in 2020-2022.
This category recognises the best Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) project within the oil, gas and wider energy sector globally that has had a substantial impact and was completed in 2020-2022.
This category recognises the best HSE, ESG or CSR project within the oil, gas and wider energy sector globally that employed digital technology and was completed in 2020-2022.
- Nominations to be submitted by a company representative
- Any company can submit multiple entries
- These are yearly awards, however, due to the industry disruptions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2023 edition of the Awards will recognise projects completed within the last two years, meaning all submitted projects must have been completed within 2020-2022
- The Jury will only consider projects that have already been completed (i.e. not ideas or suggestions)
- All entries should be submitted in written English. Any entry submitted in a different language will not be considered
- Please do not submit the same entry more than once. If an entry is submitted multiple times, the most recent entry will be considered with previous entries being deleted
- There are no fees to submit entries
Measurable impact (50%)
Please explain the positive HSE, ESG or CSR impact of your project. For example, reduced dust exposure, improved health monitoring, a reduced number of safety-related incidents, achieving zero fatality, a reduced number of dangerous man-hours, reduction of greenhouse gas emissions, improved quality of discharged waters, better recycling, improved waste management, criteria measuring a company’s sustainability and ethical impact, number of people with potable water access as a result of your CSR project, square footage of remediated land that is now used for community’s benefit, number of people that have been granted access to healthcare as a result of your CSR project, etc. Try to quantify the impact as much as possible, the more numbers you include the better. Also, make sure the information provided clearly explains the situation before and after project implementation as well as its scale. Please note that improved financial indicators (e.g. reduced costs) are secondary here, although you are of course welcome to include them too.
Quality of the delivery (20%)
Was the project completed on time and within budget? Did the project deliverables match or exceed the initial objectives? Please describe the challenges that were faced and how they were dealt with.
Your entry should explain why your project is original and innovative. For example, implemented technology has never been used for HSE or CSR purposes previously or it is the first time this kind of project has been implemented in the country/region/globally. Please note that innovation does not necessarily imply something completely new, for example, if a project has been replicated from another region for the first time, this certainly counts as being innovative.
How easy is it to replicate your project and apply it to other locations locally or globally? Does it have the potential to become industry best practice?
- The entries have to be in a PowerPoint presentation format and should cover the project overview, an explanation of how the submitted project meets each of the four criteria, plus a short summary of why they believe their project should win this award. The presentation should not be longer than 20 slides, entries that exceed the maximum number of slides will be rejected
- The PowerPoint template is available for download at www.egyps.com/sustainabilityawards
- Recommendation letters from business stakeholders, and/or clients supporting the success of the company’s project
- Articles, interviews or publications highlighting the company’s project
- Evidence of other industry awards/recognition received, if any
- All supporting evidence should be from 2020 to 2022
2023 GLOBAL SUSTAINABILITY IN ENERGY AWARDS JURY MEMBERS
MENA Environmental Manager, HSE Manager for Dubai & JA Hubs
Egypt Upstream Venture Operations Manager
Head of HSE
Communications and CSR Manager
General Manager & Managing Director
Independent Oil and Gas Consultant
HS&E Manager Egypt & Sudan