As Egypt develops its vast oil and gas reserves, new projects and new opportunities arise for oil and gas majors to tap into. As such, companies look to invest and develop these projects to further expand their portfolios and market position. New financing methods are also becoming available, such as different lending options, IPOs and access to different sources of capital.
EGYPS 2020 LOYALTY CONFERENCE RATES
|CONFERENCE TYPE||LOYALTY RATE (Valid until 30 November 2019)|
|All access conference pass||US$ 1,850|
|Strategic Conference only||US$ 895|
|Technical Conference only||US$ 710|
|Women in Energy Conference & Awards Ceremony only||US$ 490|
|HSE in Energy Conference & Awards Ceremony only||US$ 490|
|Finance & Investment Summit only||US$ 490|
ACCELERATING INVESTMENTS TO FUEL NATIONAL GROWTH - THE EGYPTIAN STORY
President Abdel Fattah El Sisi’s government has been introducing several ambitious programmes to enhance investor confidence in the country that has, in turn, contributed to the growth of the country’s GDP from 4.2% in 2017 to 5.3% in 2018. With further development of Zohr and other oil fields, Egypt is on its way to becoming an energy hub.
- Analysis of the latest government initiatives to accelerate economic growth whilst improving research, exploration, and production of oil and gas resources
- Overview of recently signed contracts to facilitate government bilateral trade and private sector cooperation in energy
A must-attend for Ministers, Governors, Chairmen, CEOs, Chief Financial Officers, Chief Investment Officers, and other key decision-makers to learn about the pioneering initiatives of the Egyptian Government to nurture further investments in its oil and gas sector.
THE BIG PICTURE - INSIGHTS INTO GLOBAL OIL & GAS INVESTMENT AND FINANCING
Historically, banks have been the prime source of funds for companies looking to expand into new markets. With oscillating oil prices, banks and operators alike are changing the dynamics of investor and partnership models. What does the future of oil and gas investments look like?
- Beyond bank funding: In the age of IPOs and private capital, do banks still have the appetite to invest in oil and gas companies?
- Accessing smart project finance: With more blocks being allocated to IOCs, what project financing options are available in the Egyptian market? How do investors prioritise the projects they wish to invest in?
- Evaluating risk and returns: Driven by the changing risk profile of investors, will mergers & acquisitions be the best viable option for oil and gas companies? Or is there a better alternative?
- The lending shift: From revolving credit facilities and IPOs to cryptocurrencies and Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs), how can a CFO and the finance team become familiar with the latest funding sources available? Do banks still serve as a backup for capital lending or is the shift complete?
- The oil and gas digital revolution: Digital technologies like Artificial Intelligence, big data analytics, that can bring down silos and drive innovation have become a key aspect of organisational success. How can these digital investments fuel optimised utilisation of resources and investments in the oil and gas industry?
An important discussion for CEOs, CFOs, Chief Investment Officers, Chief Information Officers, Chief Digital Officers as well as other senior executives to get inputs from international experts on current oil and gas investment scenarios and identify available market opportunities for future investments.
OVERCOMING UNCERTAINTY – A ROADMAP TO EFFICIENT ENERGY INVESTMENTS
After the recent downturn, the global appetite for energy investment has stabilised. How can governments, NOCs and IOCs across the Mediterranean and North Africa collectively assess and allocate optimal resources and investments?
- Energy security for the state: How is Egypt directing its long-term energy investments to cater to the needs of the nation?
- The role of inter-government bodies: How are leading inter-government entities helping nations achieve economic sustainability to create and ensure production stability during geopolitical tensions, natural disasters and other foreseeable risks?
- Public-private partnerships in oil and gas - How can these mutually beneficial partnerships help build oil and gas investor confidence to achieve the nation’s growth plans?
An important discussion for Chief Financial Officers, Chief Investment Officers, General Managers, Policy Makers, Heads of Strategy, and Heads of Debt & Capital Markets to study investment options that have been tried and tested in the other regions and how Egypt can benefit from this.
STRIKING THE BALANCE BETWEEN PROFITS AND PRODUCTION GROWTH – A CFO’S OUTLOOK
The fluctuation in oil prices in recent years has had a significant impact on the role of a CFO. Managing costs and rigorous investment audits, without affecting growth and performance have become critical.
- From CFO to CEO’s Advisor: The CFO’s role has evolved to become indispensable to businesses looking for growth. How has the role changed and what does the future hold for oil and gas CFOs?
- Streamlining capital allocation: Considering the ups and downs in oil prices, how can finance chiefs regularly compare projects to re-examine the allocation of the capital process?
- CFOs as the champions of digital initiatives: As companies across the globe will be collectively spending USD 6 trillion on digital transformation initiatives, how are CFOs becoming catalysts driving the digital shift?
- The new face of the investor: As investors become increasingly cautious with their investments, they’ve evolved from being a passive spectator of the oil and gas business to having a say in the decision-making process. How are CFOs managing this change? What are the initiatives taken by the CFOs to gain investor confidence?
A key discussion for Country Heads, Chief Financial Officers, Finance Directors, Heads of Finance and Treasury, Chief Risk Officers, Chief Investment Officers, and senior executives to gain a deep understanding of the new role of CFOs and Finance Heads – from analysing risks to implementing digital transformation initiatives within the organisation.
Financial executives are shifting the focus to a value-driven analysis of their assets. This has become even easier with the use of digital investments that pave the way for optimised spending on capital and operational expenses.
How crucial have digital technologies become and what other benefits do they hold for the oil and gas industry?
- Process and business optimisation using big data analytics and artificial intelligence
- Cloud and cybersecurity technologies to reduce operational (digital) risk
- Enhancing production and distribution using Internet of Things (IoT)
An open discussion for Chief Financial Officers, Chief Investment Officers, Chief Information Officers, Chief Digital Officers and Heads of Finance to gain first-hand insights on the impact of digital technologies in the oil and gas business.
As Egypt plans to invest billions in developing its hydrocarbons sector, the government is taking several initiatives to encourage international investments in its oil and gas industry.
What can IOCs expect in the coming years in terms of regulations, policies as well as funding from the national banks?
- Allocation of blocks in the western Mediterranean region
- The initiatives of the Ministry of Finance for the petroleum industry
- Egypt’s Oil and Gas Hub Strategy and the footprint it will leave in the regional oil and gas trade
A key discussion for Chairmen, Country Heads, CEOs, Chief Financial Officers, Chief Strategy Officers, Chief Risk Officers, and other board members to find out the latest initiatives of the Government of Egypt in the oil and gas industry.