The EGYPS Technical Conference brings together global oil, gas and energy professionals to showcase the latest technical opportunities and challenges, breakthrough research findings, innovative technologies and industry solutions, creating an excellent learning and networking hub for the industry's technical experts.
In 2023, the Technical Conference will showcase the technologies being used today and those transforming the industry of the future. Our international technical expert speakers will share their wealth of experience and knowledge. With 19 technical categories to select from, we look forward to receiving your abstract submissions.
EGYPS 2021 Technical Conference call for papers is now open For any queries, please feel free to contact us on email@example.com
EGYPS 2021 Technical Committee Chairman
Eng. Mohammed Abd El-Azeim
EGYPS 2023 TECHNICAL CONFERENCE CATEGORIES
CALL FOR PAPERS GUIDELINES
All submitted technical abstracts will be reviewed by the EGYPS 2021 Technical Committee. You will be notified at the mid week of October 2020 if your abstract has been accepted. All authors who submitted their abstracts will receive an email stating if their abstracts have been accepted or not
- Abstracts should include 500 words and be written in English. Any entry submitted in a different language will not be considered
- You are welcome to include additional information, such as illustrations, graphs or tables, as attachments
- It is critical that all the requested information is provided at the time of your abstract submission
- Please do not submit the same abstract more than once. If you believe your abstract is relevant to multiple categories, please select one that is the best fit
- One person can submit multiple abstracts within the same category or across multiple categories. However, please do not submit the same or slightly modified abstracts multiple times, as they will be disqualified
- Prior to abstract submissions – management clearance must be obtained. Any issues concerning clearance should be outlined when the abstract is submitted
- If you have presented this abstract previously, you can still submit but you will need to provide details of when and where it was presented before
Your abstract should contain adequate information for review by the Technical Committee including:
- Description: Summarise the scope and nature of the work upon which the abstract is based on, e.g. field data, lab data, original analysis, technology
- Applications: Describe the possible application of the information provided in the abstract
- Results and conclusions: Summarise the results and major conclusions to be presented, state specific conclusions of the work and how these differ from previous work on the same subject. State whether new information will be revealed and whether data from the field, lab, refinery, plant will be included
- Technical contributions: Describe the significance of the subject matter in the abstract by listing up to three technical contributions or additions to the technical knowledge relevant for the oil and gas industry
Your abstracts will be evaluated by the Technical Committee members according to the following grading criteria:
- Quality – the quality of the technical information provided. Data in the abstract must be correct in terms of technical applications
- Impact – what industry or organisational impact does your work have? Please include relevant results and/or case studies
- Novelty – your abstract should demonstrate innovation and originality, and contain significant new knowledge, technical results or experience
- Interest & relevance – how relevant is your submission to the current state of the oil and gas industry? how interesting is the subject matter to the EGYPS audience and the industry overall? Will it grab their attention?
There is a choice of 17 different technical categories, all of which have multiple subcategories. Please have a thorough read through all of them, and select one category that describes your abstract best. Please do not submit the same abstract more than once, as duplicates will be deleted.
Your abstract should language that is commercial in tone in the title, text or slides. Use of such terms will result in careful scrutiny by the Technical Committee and may result in exclusion from the evaluation process.
Guidelines for accepted abstracts
- You will be notified at the Mid week of October 2020 if your abstract has been accepted. All authors who submitted their abstracts will receive an email stating if their abstracts have been accepted or not
- Authors of accepted abstracts will be required to prepare PowerPoint presentations, detailed instructions on the preparation will be sent to all authors once acceptance to speak has been received
- EGYPS does not require authors to submit their technical papers, as we do not publish these
- All the presenters will receive complimentary access to all three days of the Technical Conference. However, all the co-authors are required to purchase a pass if they would like to attend.
- The organiser assumes no obligation for expenses by authors for travel and accommodation to attend and speak at the event