ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
Wednesday 12 February 2020
As Egypt is rapidly paving its way towards becoming a regional energy trading hub, its petroleum sector is booming. With multiple projects sanctioned and active developments within upstream, midstream and downstream parts of the oil and gas value chain, adherence to high HSE standards is becoming ever more important, helping to increase global confidence in Egypt’s energy industry.
It is against this backdrop that we have developed the EGYPS 2020 HSE in Energy Conference, addressing the most pressing and relevant issues for Egypt, North Africa and the Mediterranean. With topics ranging from safety culture, the role of leadership in HSE, raising employees’ awareness to the applications of digitalisation in HSE, process safety and environmental sustainability, the conference offers a range of strategic keynotes, interactive panel discussions and a speed-networking experience that altogether will help to not only learn from top senior regional and international HSE professionals but also gain new valuable contacts within the industry.
EGYPS 2020 HSE in Energy Conference will culminate with the HSE Excellence in Energy Awards ceremony that will acknowledge the best environmental and health & safety projects, as well as the best leader within health, safety and the environment.
WHO WILL YOU MEET?
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
Discuss and exchange ideas with senior regional and international HSE experts and oil and gas business leaders
Hear about methods and techniques to raise employees’ awareness and practical ways to stimulate the adoption of an effective safety culture
Gain insights into global best practises, effective solutions to HSE challenges and ways to make oil and gas operations more environmentally friendly
Find new ways to adhere to high HSE standards that will help minimise risks and ensure cost savings
Network with speakers and delegates, and gain new contacts of senior HSE professionals and decision makers from national and international oil and gas operators, government, EPC contractors, service companies, as well as HSE equipment and technology providers
Making networking more fun and more efficient! We’ll prepare some fun questions to break the ice and structure our coffee and speed-networking event in a way that will allow you to meet more people than at the standard usual networking events. Don’t miss this fantastic opportunity that will open the door to meeting new industry colleagues and gaining new contacts.
SPEAKERSLucien Bianchi Global Director of HSE and Service Quality
HalliburtonEhab Ali Chairman Assistant for HSE
Khalda PetroleumLeigh-Ann Russell Head of Procurement & SCM (Upstream)
BPSergey Peresypkin Director of HSE, MENAT & India
MODERATOROlav Magnus Skår Director of Health, Safety, Security, Subsea and Wells,
International Association of Oil & Gas Producers (IOGP)
- People have a tendency to accept and “normalise” unnecessary risks. What leadership and management approaches can help eliminate “risk normalisation” and increase HSE standards?
- How can HSE managers and team leaders incorporate broader factors such as human behaviour and cultural aspects to achieve and preserve good HSE performance? What are the main inhibiting factors that are slowing down the safety culture adoption and how can the oil and gas industry address them?
- How can increased employees’ awareness help make oil and gas operations “greener” and more environmentally friendly?
12:00 – 12:15 Utmost process safety – how to avoid disasters?
This case study will focus on development and implementation of successful Process Safety Management, and will discuss how to tackle the challenges associated with itAhmed Mohammed Ibrahim Roustom Risk Assessment and OHS Technical Studies Assistant General Manager
Egyptian Natural Gas Company (GASCO)
12:15 – 12:30 Improving refineries’ HSE performance: A holistic safety management mode
This presentation will elaborate on the successful delivery of the HSE performance improvement programme encompassing three refinery sites with more than 2,000 employees - both permanent and contractors.John Fotopoulos Refinery HSE Director
Hellenic Petroleum Group
12:30 – 12:45 Developing strategies to improve road safety and decrease the number of accidents
This presentation will talk about road safety in Egypt, elaborate on potential strategies and share real-life case studies that will help oil and companies to reduce the number of road related incidents.Yasser Nashaat Deputy Managing Director
12:45 – 13:00 What can we learn from international companies and neighbouring countries? Sharing international HSE best practises
This presentation will discuss international best practises that can be transferred regionally or globally and improve existing HSE industry standards or processesAndreas Charalampides Lieutenant-Commander NAVY
Cyprus Joint Rescue Coordination Center
SPEAKERSWolfgang Faist Senior Vice President HSEQ
Wintershall Dea GmbHIman Hill COO
EnergeanMohamed Kermoud Global Vice President HSE
SchlumbergerCarla Davis-Madgett Vice President Safety & Environment Ventures
- How important is leadership commitment for ensuring utmost safety of oil and gas operations and employees? Definition of safety leadership
- What makes a good leader? What does it take to trigger positive health, safety and environmental transformations?
- What leadership style works best when it comes to promotion of safety culture and ensuring high HSE standards?
- Using leadership to tackle HSE challenges – practical hints and advices
SPEAKERSAhmed Abdrabo Assistant Chief of Petroleum Central Department
Ministry of Petroleum and Mineral ResourcesMohamed A. Hassan Managing Director - Environment, Sustainability, & CSR
Carbon Holdings Ltd.Sulo Belawan Head HSSE Gas & New Energy
MODERATORIrene Eleftheriou Project Engineer/HSSE Officer
Cyprus Hydrocarbons Company
- Minimising waste from oil and gas operations – identifying and tackling the challenges. What is the role of recycling, how can it help reduce waste?
- Developing efficient strategies to achieve good management of produced waters – what works and what doesn’t?
- There is an increasing pressure to decrease greenhouse gas emissions. Which oil and gas processes are the biggest contributors? Is it viable for oil and gas companies to simultaneously grow and reduce emissions?
- What steps is the oil and gas industry taking to meet the UN Sustainable Development Goals?